Saturday, March 7, 2009

Date Night!

pup and I went out last night, he felt like treating me to a nice time out. Yummy Delish food at Flat top Grill (Which was lunch, too! Mmmmm)And saw "The Watchmen" which is lower down here.

Today I suffered something I'd only heard of in females but never experienced...

The sudden Meltdown moodswing.

It was over bread, literally. I broke because pup ate more than the amount of bread I had budgeted for the meal. Sobbing and everything. I'm completely baffled and even now sit here wondering, "Serious, WFT was that anyway?!"

I blame the fact It's been two weeks without intimate contact with my husband... I'm kind of needy.

I know this should go up top, but I didn't want to spoiler anyway.



.
.
.
.
.
.
This is the only movie I've ever seen that was both moderately awesome, and yet I was so very, very bored the whole time. Up until the end, it was almost a panel for panel following of the comic, though I was hopng they'd keep squidzilla.
In the end, it was just another Moore novel, which are preachy as all get out. It was adapted rather well, but had a lot of the same pitfalls as the comic, and was overly slow in quite a few parts.

My inner furry says it also needed more Burbastis.

pup liked it somewhat well, I'm fence sitting. It had a lot of redeeming qualities, but was also so very, very dull and dry in spots, and the cinematography and CGI alternated between medochre and utterly aweful. The fact it was by the guy who did 300 definitely showed, as it just seemed gratuitous in many ways, but lacked the right atmosphere to back it up without feeling like a teeny slasher film in a few spots.

I think much like the Odyssey, it's one of those great and epic things you only read/see once. Though we will definitely rent it again... with the MST3K riff track. I was biting my tongue the whole way to hold back myself.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment